Friday, April 06, 2007
Budapest- Slovakia-Czech Republic (Prague)
I'm in Prague now! Sitting with Laura and Chantal at this cosy little internet cafe with a funny
name -SRK@MLASK ...I wonder what that means in Czech (Or whatever Slavic language it is that they speak here)? We just got here like 2 hours ago, and already we've decided we love it here! The little that we've managed to see of the city is gorgeous; Prague reminds me a bit of Budapest, except its obviously richer- like, they have more money to restore everything to its former Baroque glory, like "renovated old", whereas Budapest is just "old old"...does that make any sense?
Anyhow, arriving this late in Prague (at 7...we spent 11 hours or so on the bus!) we only managed to find time for dinner, and we had it at this cute little Italian restaurant- the food was fantastic, and the service was great, in more ways than one! Throughout dinner we all had these big, goofy grins plastered over our faces, not just from the great food either. We had this cute waiter who was really friendly and totally charming (he so knew we thought he was cute), and everytime he walked by he would smile at us and we would start giggling like little school children. We're definitely going back for dinner tomorrow;) Czech guys are cute!
At least the day seems to be looking up, however little of it there is left. I had to wake up at 5 today morning just so I could make it in time to catch the bus for the trip, but it only left at 8.20, so there was this whole, protracted period of waiting. Chantal, Laura and I are the only ones from BME (our university) going on this trip, the rest of them are Hungarian. I'm really glad I have company, because though I hate to be critical, most of these Hungarian kids don't seem all that friendly. In fact, they don't seem to have very much manners at all (I complained to Chantal, since she's half Hungarian, and she doesn't understand why they're like that either). Plus, they all smoke like freight trains- we had to take numerous smoking breaks because just about everyone coming on the trip smokes, and I think at every pit stop an each person averaged about 4 cigarettes each...its scary to watch! Besides us, there are 2 other foreign guys, but they weren't having any luck breaking the ice with the rest of our travel mates. Still, I figured Prague would be plenty fascinating on its own, andf I have all the company I need here=)
More tomorrow...if I actually get to use the internet that is!
Friday, April 06, 2007