Friday, March 09, 2007

AAH! I got a photo of the little German dude (on the right). The one beside him is my friend Jakob (who is also German)

This is the flat party; and everyone's kinda crowding around the stripper. Good news though because my friend Jason was the one being performed for, and he has really CLEAR pictures of the whole event. Watch out for that (coming soon!)

Cynthia, Me, and Hyomi in the Background

Picture courtesy of Marco (the cute Italian boy beside Vasiliki)=p
Yesterday was a really long day- we had to stay around school till 4 when lessons for that day ended, and then after that at 7pm it was Hungarian Evening- basically just this party/get-together in school which was Hungarian-themed for that night. And later, obviously, we went out to someplace else too.
School has settled down into a tired routine now, mostly our classes are fine (and even fun, when they are participative), but I find myself zoning out as usual on the more boring ones. Cultural class is starting to have that effect on me; I like the teacher as a person because she's so nice, but at twice a week, with no course material or direction it's driving me abit nuts. In yesterday's class we talked about nothing much again, but then it was Chantal's birthday, and our teacher bought these tiny chocolate covered chestnut puree cakes with sour cherry centers...only Chantal had decided she wasn't obliged to come to class because it was her birthday (I can empathize,heh). I went home after that for the afternoon siesta that is so compulsory to survival as a diak (student) here, what with nightlife and all.
Hungarian Evening was fun- the welcome drink at the door was a very generous shot of Palinka, and the mentors made a huge steaming pot of Hungarian Goulash soup, which was very, very good! Goulash originated from the poor people (the shepherds and horse herders) but is now representative of Hungarian national cuisine. I think most of the guys had more than 3 servings that night. We also got treated to a showcase of traditional Hungarian dance, and after every 8 minute segment we would be called out on the dance floor to try and imitate what the dancers just did. I was lucky enough to find a guy dance partner (Portuguese Manuel, there are a few other Manuels) because some people got stuck in same gender pairs and couldn't exactly participate. There was alot of twirling in different directions, which made me dizzy but then that was part of the fun.
However, the generous and very strong shots of Palinka got my friend Cynthia drunk, she had like 6 shots or more (drunk people don't count), so we spent quite a bit of time in the toilet looking after her. Oh, and she threw up in the school corridors (the party is in this converted cafe place in school), and now I am feeling a little sorry for the school cleaners. It was really funny though, and we didn't mind looking after her because we figured all of us would have our own turn (I already used up my turn in Eger). Vasiliki had a good take on getting drunk- she says you just have to enjoy it while you are because it's something you'll only indulge in when you're young, and its always funny on hindsight. You get a bit crazy, you puke it up in the toilet, you sleep it off at night and then you laugh about it with your friends=)
When I got back after seeing them off in Theo's car (he's Greek, so I have no idea where he got his car from...he can't have drove it here from wherever he lives in Greece...), the party was almost over, and so we stood around for a bit and Silvio got news of a flat party somewhere so we all left for that. Turns out that it was at Takuro and his friends' place, and one of the guys was celebrating his birthday. And whilst there weren't alot of drinks, we got something more interesting. It was the first one I've been to, but the rule for flat parties is that you have to bring more alcohol than you can drink, or at least as much as you can, so the organising people need not be bothered about catering and stuff like that. We bought our own beers, and when the whole twenty odd bunch of us got there there was already a crowd in that small flat and some kind of show going on in the middle of the living room (lots of hoots from the guys). I couldn't see much at first because all the guys were so tall, but risking life and limb balancing on a wheely chair I got to see what it was all about (or at least half of it). So, THERE WAS THIS BLONDE STRIPPER. And she was doing a lap dance kind of thing for this guy in his boxers sitting up ion the floor. It was alot of hair tossing and dancing, and then the can of whipped cream came out and she started spraying it all over herself and getting him to lick it off. I don't want to go into the explicit, graphic details, but I only caught the top half of what was going on, though later we saw pictures this other guy had taken and they were...well. Turns out it was this guy's birthday, so his friends hired a stripper for him, and apparently the whole thing costed no more than SGD$300- a pretty good deal considering all the things that they were doing. At one point Takuro came out and he was shaking his head and going, "We don't get this in Asian culture" to me, and we both exchanged a solemn look. Hahahaha=D I enjoyed it though, it was something new! All the guys present seemed to like it too, obviously,hehe.
Too bad we didn't get to stay long, because the neighbours called the police (we were LOUD) and then we were all hurrying out trying to be quiet as we can. After that we hung around in the parking lot making more noise and wondering where to go next, and in the end settled on the Living Room in Astoria. Which was too much for me because that's right beside my place, and since it was already going on 3am I figured there was no point going. But it was a good night, because there were a couple of new faces I met, and tonight I am going to dinner over at these Portuguese girls' place (Lara and Ria) and then we are going to some flat party again. I hope I wake up in time to catch the train for Vienna on Saturday morning though!
Friday, March 09, 2007