Tuesday, March 06, 2007
Today we had culture class followed by the technology one; the latter was really interesting because it was more participative than most of our other classes and we could debate on a lot of issues. Of course, that we had a cute lecturer didn't hurt either (Laura and I both agree on this)=) Then it was lunch at the Che Cafe AGAIN (we really need to find new hang out places), and I had exactly the same as yesterday, only it came in a supersized portion; I had like half and there was still the equivalent of yesterday's portion left.
Anyways, the good thing is that as far as my to-do list is concerned its 1 down and 3 more to go, because we are seeing a ballet tonight- Shakespeare's The Taming of The Shrew. Manuel's already seen it and he said it was good, so I'm looking forward to later. It had better be too, because we went through so much bloody trouble to get the tickets. Initially we tried to get it at the school gift shop, and there were 2 totally unhelpful women- the first was this sweet little old lady type who unfortunately couldn't speak English, and the second one was this menopausal imbecile who couldn't be bothered. So we left and after lunch tried to get the tickets direct from the Opera House (it is a gorgeous building). This time around we were served by a proper, well-dressed lady whom kept insisting the cheapest tickets were 5,400ft (SGD$40). We knew that couldn't be true, because Manuel bought his for 300ft, and when I looked it up yesterday there were still plenty of seats in the 400-300ft range for today's performance. So we left without buying anything, and here I am, after buying two 400ft tickets from the Opera House ticketing office online. Which would be fine and all if I didn't have to print out the bloody receipt. I have absolutely no idea where to find a printer. Our school's too poor to have one I think, because I haven't seen one around in the whole of the time I have been here. I hate being in charge of things!
Well, at least I have this totally wonderful bar of chocolate that I bought from a gourmet shop today. It's called Culinari's (the shop, not the chocolate) and everything inside is organic, preservative free, additive free and blah blah blah (things that don't mean anything to me really). They have a fascinating range of chocolates from everywhere, with really strange flavours. There's this one bar with plums, oranges, nuts and-get this-
bacon. And then some with saffron and chilli and jalapeno peppers, and this one that I bought is pineapple and pepper flavoured. A relatively safe choice, considering the alternatives, and fortunately not one that I regret. Next time I will try the bacon one! I also bought a loaf of bread and some lime marmalade. It is fun to go grocery shopping=)
Tonight I have to message Bahar and the others and ask them if they are fine with leaving for Vienna on Saturday morning. And tomorrow we will go reserve the tickets. And I also paid for my trip to Prague today- its happening on the 2nd of April to the 4th. Also, this looks like it might be a busy week, with Vienna on the cards for the weekend, and Chantal's birthday along with Hungarian Evening on Thursday night. I want to sleep now, but I really cannot anymore because I have to dress up for the bloody opera (but I have no clothes to wear).
21.48pm
Just came back from the ballet performance- it was awesome! The pretty costumes, the way they danced, the sets...I'm really, really, really glad I caught it (this is the last night it is opening). And I can't believe I paid so little for it...it wasn't even student price or anything special. It's not fair that in Europe they only have to pay this little to see a performance, wish we had it in SG too!
Tuesday, March 06, 2007