Friday, February 23, 2007
Today was a long, long day...I woke up at 6.45am, had breakfast at McCafe as usual and went to school for classes at 8.30. It was that Hungarian Folklore and Music class, and after that was language class. We did the same old, same old in Language- pointing at things and going, "Mi ez? Ez Auto. Milyen Auto? Auto Kisci". For those unschooled in the intricacies of Hungarian language (as if I am, heh=p), the above meant, "What's that? That's a Car. What's the Car like? The Car is very small". Hmm...real useful stuff, as you can see. I suck at it, but its fun=)
I went home today to discover my flatmate in my room (this guy does not know the meaning of PERMISSION), and he was trying to get on my comp. I was a little ticked off because he didn't even have the courtesy to feign embarrassment; he was all, "Hey gimme your password yeah I need to get online". Fine. I gave him the password because I knew maybe he needed to reconfigure his laptop too and because we should try to get along since we had to live together. Since it felt plain weird to be hanging out in my room with someone I had decided I was pissed off at (I couldn't help this) I left the house to go (where else?) shopping. Which cheered me up, because it seemed from the newest collections on display that Spring was coming soon. All the Winter stuff was on sale (not so great, because I don't need any), and everything new on the racks were familiar Singapore wear- shorts and skirts and flip-flops and tank tops. Yay!(^-^) I also went up Gellert Hill, to Buda Castle, and all the way to the Lanchid (Chain Bridge). These were really pretty places, but the day was foggy, and I ran out of film around the Lanchid, so maybe there are not so many photos afterall... I got home around 5, assuming that I could now use the internet undisturbed (since I had given him almost a whole day with it). He was out, and unhappily, so was the wireless connection. At the moment of discovery I tried out a couple of labels for him, amongst which stupid arsehole, shit-for-brains and spawn of Satan featured. I swear, he has no conscience. How he could leave my laptop dead like this, and go off on his own to use the school's internet (an option closed to me since I had no internet card) is beyond me. At least he could've called the repairman.
Tired of grumbling...moving on: After agreeing that he would stay home and wait for the repairman to arrive, I went out for dinner with the usual few people at Westend, and then we went down to some bar at Kiraly where everyone was for the night. We played a little foosball, had a few drinks, and then came home. So tired. 'night.
Friday, February 23, 2007