Monday, February 19, 2007
In school now, after Hungarian Language class. I feel so stupid because its really difficult to pronounce Hungarian words, they have so many different sounds, and I could never figure out where the umlaut is (eg kerek is different from kérek is different from kerék). They respectively mean "round", "may I have" and "wheel". I just found out that I have been asking for a "round coffee" every time I try to order the drink. Kérek egy kavé, anyone?
Also, the words sounded really foreign to me, and it didn't help that Cynthia beside me was pronouncing them with such funny expressions- it was virtually impossible not to laugh...I died trying to suppress (unsuccessfully) bouts of giggling. Great. Now my teacher probably thinks I'm some silly bimbo. I should probably load up on the Hungarian vocab. Well at least now I have something to study for...
Monday, February 19, 2007