Saturday, February 17, 2007
It is 2am here, and I just got back from a party. Fortunately I live really near, so I could walk back if I wanted to. It is safe here in Budapest, though it does still scare me when random guys approach me in the streets and try to get me to go places with them. I guess you get this everywhere, and its just scarier here because they're so much bigger and taller. Come to think of it, I have never had to walk home myself, simply because for the last few times I either a) slept over at somebody's place or b) was escorted home. Today I wasn't because I left the club with girls I think, and girls aren't obliged by principles of chivalry or whatever it is that motivates guys.
The club was fun because there were lots of students- like I said, most of them go out EVERY SINGLE NIGHT (I think they feed them different stuff here in Europe than us Asians), but because the place was West Balkan (thats the name of the club) the music wasn't very good (definitely not hip-hop or R&B) and we got bored fast with dancing. So after all the "HI! And so how HAVE you been?" and lots of air-kissing (I always thought it was a French thing, but the Portuguese and Greeks do it too) we went home. The freaky little German dude was there, and so was that (I think) disturbing and maybe desperate British guy. It is hard to relax, dance and enjoy the party when you constantly have to watch your ass (literally speaking) to make sure some weirdo isn't going try and grope you from behind. At times I these I wished I had a taser gun so I could zap them in the nuts or wherever hurts most=/ That'll teach them.
Anyhow, in the evening today (after I got my internet) we all went ice-skating at the City Center skating rink at Heroes' Square. The National Museum was located there too, which is now currently housing the Van Gogh exhibition, so tomorrow we're heading back to see that. Despite not being able to ice skate and consequentially falling on my ass ONCE (only) it was really fun to skate in the open air environment. I heard that when winter's over the rink will revert back to its original state, which is a huge lake, and that now they just fence off about half to freeze into a skating rink. Laura, Cynthia, Kristy (all American) and Theo (Greek) could all skate, but not me or the other Greek guy Panykos and his girlfriend Anya. Actually, the Greeks were more like, Cypriot-Greek than pure Greek. Everyone is so scarily exotic here.
Am going to bed now, am so tired. I'm just excited because now I have internet at home!=) Szia!
Saturday, February 17, 2007