Saturday, November 25, 2006
"Dear Ms Chai Hwee Yong,
I am pleased to inform you that your application to the Budapest University of Technology and Economics(BME) has arrived and been registered under Reg. No. 13.436/06
Considering the application you submitted, you have been admitted as an exchange student at the Faculty of Economic and Social Sciences at BME for the spring semester of the academic year 2006/2007.
Sincerely yours,
Rozsa Grosschmid Ferencz
Registrar"
Yay!... ...This came in with the mail on Friday; about time too (I thought maybe I wouldn't get to go afterall). When I first saw the "package" though I thought it was a letter from some friend because my address was handwritten...it was this teeny tiny letter with the application documents folded in quarters and stuffed inside.
According to what it says 1)I am supposed to settle my own accommodation, 2)upon arrival from the airport I have to take a bus to wherever by myself, and 3)I have to buy student health insurance when I get there from the university.
Already a couple of scary worst case scenarios come to mind- 1)I don't find an apartment in time and will have to camp beside dustbins with Hungarian gypsy tramps, 2)I get lost at the airport and end up living there (in manner of guy who lived in Changi airport for 4 months) trying to pick up enough Hungarian to ask for directions to the exit and 3)I get into some car accident on the way back from the airport BEFORE I get my insurance and consequentially am left to bleed to death in the street
Can't wait=)
Saturday, November 25, 2006